Club Le Monde
15 84min Comedy, Drama, Romance 2002 (UK)
One of the best British indies of the year
- Empire -
Set in 1993, this is the final part of Rumley’s youth culture trilogy and eschews darker drama for fly on the wall feel good observational humour. 32 characters gather for a typical night in a dark, sweaty nightclub where sex, drugs and music all help the crowd to come alive.
The film features cameo performances from cult DJs Mr C (The Shamen), Brandon Block and Alex P and music from the likes of Primal Scream, 808 State and Alison Limerick.
Frank Harper, Dawn Steele and Daisy Haggard
- -Simon Rumley (Writer, producer, director)
- -Piers Jackson (Producer)
- -Doug Abbott, John Jaquiss (Executive Producers)
- -Simon Starling (Director of Photography)
- -Phillip Crichton (Costume Designer)
- -Eddie Hamilton (Editor)
- -Edmund Butt (Composer)