18 80min Crime, Drama, Thriller 2000 (UK)
'The quintessential late '90s British film…'
– Total Film –
In the first part of Rumley’s unofficial 1990’s youth culture trilogy, a narrator relates a night of terror that changes his life forever. He is intercut with 16 young people talking about their lives and experiences in London, 1996. With topics ranging from ecstasy, Aids and one night stands to Britpop, racism and the police, Strong Language combines entertaining and revealing insights with an unforgettable and unexpected chain of sinister events.
Strong Language was nominated for British Independent Film Awards for both Most Promising Newcomer and Best Achievement in Production.
Ricci Harnett,Kelly Marcel and Paul Tonkinson
- -Simon Rumley (Writer, producer, director)
- -Alex Tate, Judy Lipsey (Co-producer)
- -Armando Smit (Director of Photography)
- -Joanna Cross (Production Designer)
- -Francois La Croix (Costume Designer)
- -Sasha Austen (Editor)
- -David Conway, Laurence Elliot-Potter (Composer)