The Living and the Dead
18 83min Drama, Horror, Thriller 2006 (UK)
- Variety -
A descent into psychological Hell is triggered when Lord Brocklebank leaves his mentally challenged son, James, and his ailing wife, Nancy, alone in his crumbling stately home whilst he has to take care of business. James wants to prove to his family that he is ‘a man’ and capable of looking after his mother but his efforts make everyone increasingly ill with disastrous and tragic consequences.
The Living and The Dead played at over 40 festivals and won several prizes including: Best Film and Best Director at Fatasticfest and Special Jury mentions at Sitges and Ravenna.
Leo Bill,Roger Lloyd Pack and Kate Fahy
- -Simon Rumley (Writer, producer, director)
- -Nick O'Hagan (Producer)
- -Mark Foligno, Steve Milne, Uday Tiwari (Executive Producers)
- -Milton Kam (Director of Photography)
- -Will Field (Production Designer)
- -Alice Wolfbaueur (Costume Designer)
- -Ben Putland (Editor)
- -Richard Chester (Composer)